Smudge and click

Posted by: Unknown

I had seen something like smudge and click before, sand art and I did try have a go, was very hard and messy. I was interested to see if this was any different in practice.
We were given another theme for this one as it was close to Halloween  so the smudge and click had to be scary based.

I looked at few videos online and this one did creep me out slightly, the marks left behind do add something to the video. Plus I can see clearly how it was done.




The Corsa car advert is more complicated but basically the same with the trail of markings behind 





I decided on doing words because I thought it would be different from animating an image. The pixilation piece was words and I enjoyed doing that and it was fresh to be doing something different from drawn images and see what could be done with words.
I chose this particular quote from Hellraiser as I could picture in my mind what I could do with the words in order to animate them for smudge and click.
I used my Galaxy Tablet and changed the picture settings to get the darkness but to still see the letterings clearly. Sometimes I used the flash to change the colorings which helped with the scaryness of the seting.
It works well with Hellraisers voice and am pleased it turned out the way it did. I thought it would be less smooth and more juddery in the wording so I was very plesently surprised

This entry was posted on 12:34 .